1. Half-assing Your Way Through Life: You can’t afford to be lazy when you’re striving for success. There are going to be times when you’ll be too tired, drained, and unmotivated, but you have to work through that and just do it. Find the strength within you to open your laptop, write that story, and go on with yo’ bad self.
2. Thinking You’re Too Good: Stop thinking your talent is sufficient. You have to be willing to “start from the bottom” and work your way to the top. Remember, Puff Daddy started out as an intern for Uptown Records, fast-forward to today – he has his own empire. You know why? Because he was willing to put in work.
3. Doing Things When They’re Convenient: If you only do things when they’re convenient or beneficial to you, chances are you don’t want success bad enough.
4. Having a Bad Attitude: People will always remember how you made them feel. If you’re not pleasant to work with, or your vibe isn’t right, people won’t want to work with you. Leave the mood swings at home.
5. Not Having a Plan: You don’t have to know every step of the way, but you need to have an idea of how you plan on reaching your goals. Write it down. Visualize it. Make it happen.
6. Doing Things for all the Wrong Reasons: Don’t do things because you think it’s a good look on your social media page. Do things because you truly love the business of it. Always have good intentions.
7. You’re Not a Man/Woman of Your Word: If you say you’re going to do something – do it. Remember, you are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.
8. You Lack Originality: Remember, there is a huge difference between being inspired by someone and wanting to be just like them. Everything you do should represent who you are. Be authentic.
For more of Jocelyn’s articles, visit ItsAnLAThing.com