- The beginning of wisdom is learning what you don’t know
- The more you learn the more you realize things can change in a flash of a moment
- When you have never been, you underestimate what can happen
- Experience teaches you to respect what you’re up against
- As soon as you worship, the less stressed you become. You can’t fully worship and worry at the same time. The more you worship God, the bigger He becomes in a situation
- You’re a hot head and have temper tantrums because you cannot handle it by yourself
- When you have a real experience with God it’ll be an experience like never before
- God has been waiting on you, you are NOT waiting on God. God has done all that He is going to do, He’s sitting down waiting on you
- You are so aware of your guilt that you are unaware of your freedom
- It all starts good and ends good, it’s just the middle that’s tough (having a kid, getting married, etc.)
- It’s in the middle that we have the most uncertainty: Can I do it? Do I have what it takes? You’re fighting scared because you’re not sure
- The more cocky they are, the more insecure and uncertain they are
- People talk about how they’re a good man but never was around a good man or raised by one so they think they are – How do you know if you’ve never seen or been there before? You have to be willing to learn
- A relationship is not based on an idea it’s based on two personalities
- I’m not what you saw and you’re not what I had in mind. “I’m disappointed in you” means you’re just upset that I’m not what you had in mind
- Can you imagine how much more you would learn and grow if you could just be humble enough to say “I don’t know”
- Experience brings humility
- There is no room for God in a mind that’s full of self
- People who worship the best are broken, have been through it, etc.
- God can’t take control as long as you’re in control. You’re stuck.
- You need God to get in the middle of it before you mess it up
- Open up your heart to the possibility that you are not as smart as you think you are
- How can you tell someone who they ought to be when you’re not even happy with the role you play?
- Some people won’t be content until they make you miserable like them
- Police officers give tickets for things they do themselves
- Every now and then, we break the rules we make. Everyone’s a hypocrite
- Learn to love conflicted people because if your standard is so high that they have to be flawless, you will die alone
- You’re trying to get God to intercede in something you already made up your mind about. If you’re always the teacher, you’re going to run out of things to teach
- If you don’t keep learning, you can’t keep teaching
- You can hide from your Mom, your girlfriend, your friends, your husband but you can’t hide from God. He knows your thoughts, He knows you!
- God already knew you were going to be scared, He already knew you were going to make certain decisions, He knew the end from the beginning. He’s got you!
If these notes blessed you, pass them along to someone that you think would be blessed by them too!