Let Go of The Little Distractions
- Think about all the things you’ve done so far this year… were they necessary?
- Not all things benefit you
- No matter how old you are, you’re going to be dead soon – 70 years are so short, you don’t have time to waste anymore
- No time for experimentation, it’s time for intentional living
- Know your purpose so you don’t waste anymore days
- There’s some people in your life who are not necessary – Some of you have the wrong company. Eating your time, wasting your time, eating with them, watching tv with them and God is saying you’re still not getting to where you’re supposed to get to. These people are distractions!
- When you have a vision, it simplifies your life
- Everything you do should be motivated by your vision
- If you want to be successful, do not seek success, seek to become a person of value
- Make yourself valuable – People pay for value
- If somebody had to think of something that reminded them of you, what would it be? If they never think about you, you have never made yourself valuable. You become a jack of too many trades and master nothing. When you think of Michael Jordan, what do you think about? When you think of Tiger Woods, what do you think about?
- Your problem is they don’t think about you at all
- Become so good in an area that they can’t ignore you
- All true visions will be tested for authenticity
- If your vision is truly from God, life will test it to show its authenticity
- We only hate things we don’t understand
- There were some little things you were born to do that they can’t get rid of
- A lot of you don’t know how dangerous your company is – If you’re the smartest one in the group, it’s time to leave that group
- If they’re always asking you for things, you think that’s good, but that’s bad. You want to keep company that makes you think and expand and who you ask questions to
- To hear your insides you have to get rid of the distractions on the outside
- The reason you can’t see is because you’re looking at too much. Your heart cannot see because your eyes have too many distractions
- Your future is not ahead of you, it’s trapped inside of you
- Your future is in you, it’s been there all along, but there’s too much noise
- As soon as you get in the car, music. As soon as you get home, TV. God’s thinking man this is a lot of noise I can’t even get to them
- God doesn’t play cat and mouse games with us – He wants you to know what you were born to do
- Meditation is the most important aspect of prayer
- You think prayer is talking, but you can’t hear God when you’re talking. Pray for 10 minutes, listen for 60 seconds
- You keep asking God why He isn’t giving you direction, but it’s because you’re not looking for direction, you’re asking for instructions
If these notes inspired you, forward them to someone who may need to be inspired too.