- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds (optional)
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Mix together sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic powder
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, mix with cornstarch. I like throwing this all into one bag to make it easier and less messy. Once you do this, dip chicken into eggs and fry.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken to dish and top with sweet and sour sauce. Cook in oven for 55 minutes
- Top with sesame seeds
Recipe from DamnDelicious.