Whenever I go to church, or watch a preaching via Toure Roberts and One Church LA’s livestream, I first write the notes on my phone, then copy it down in a notebook. I have to write it on my phone first because I type faster than I write, and I’m super OCD about my notebook. Literally. No mistakes, it’s dated and color-coordinated. As mentioned, I’ll watch/write three times a week, so my notes get backed up and I’ll have to write them down later.
Tonight, as I was writing notes from today’s message, I decided to start sharing these notes on my blog. The reason I want to do this is because these preachings are usually about an hour. Sometimes, people don’t have the attention span to sit and watch the whole thing, so I want to start sharing the bullet points I have in my notebook so others can be impacted by these messages the way I have. So, I’m starting from the beginning of the notebook – here are the bullet points from the first message I ever heard/attended at One Church LA on April 21, 2013.
- Don’t let your past make you stumble (good or bad), because the best is yet to come.
- Everything God does is out of love, even when it is chastening.
- Nothing is a coincidence: You came today for a reason. (He was talking about how you came to church that day for a reason. In a blog context, you’re reading this right now for a reason).
- Influence everyone in your reach.
- God will downsize you to the root of who you really are so He can upgrade you – Especially if there’s too much fluff in you life.
- Who has really earned the worthiness of God?
- There’s a move of God every single day – but, you will only be conscious of it if you’re fit.
- Life is like waves where God wants you to move from one wave to the next. The surfer is carried into the destination God has planned for you.
- God will never be outdone by darkness.
- If you really want to be successful, get a kingdom vision.
- Church is a place you come to to experience reality. (People usually always say church is the place they go to to “escape” reality).
- There’s more to you than you think, and God doesn’t want you to live beneath that.
- What are you going to do to change the world?
- Don’t chase your dream then change the world when you fulfill it.
- When you find your kingdom identity you find the things that work for you every season because you are aligned with the thing that the almighty designed for.
- You shouldn’t be stuck in a challenge/problem for too long.
- Don’t waste prayer on things that God already knows you need.
- Part of you being strong is who you hang out with.
- People are advocates of your destiny – They either make you strong or weak. Find people who bring out the giant in you.
- Sometimes God has to help you be humble.
- Satan = Oppose/Satan is only relevant to you because God has a purpose for you.
- You need God!
2 Corinthians 12
“For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me.”
I always kept my notes to myself, but now know that this is one of the many ways God wants me to impact lives. Hope you took something away from my notes, and be sure to come back to read the rest of my notebook.